Media Blasting is offered at ProtoSpace as a standard finish within our fast 2–3-day leadtime.
Your part is deburred and cleaned, then sprayed with a steady stream of tiny glass beads via compressed air. The end result is a smooth, bright finish that’s flat and non directional.
Media Blasting is excellent for machined parts, and can be done on sheet metal parts. Large, thin sheet metal should be avoided in order to avoid warpage.
Aluminum, Stainless Steel and Copper
• Maximum part size: 6” x 6”x 6” (152.4mm x 152.4mm x 152.4mm)
• Minimum part size: Part must have at least one dimension that exceeds 2” (50.8mm)
• Finishes: Chemical Film Conversion, Anodizing and Passivation
• Graphics: Digital Print and Silkscreened
• Part Marking: Engrave and Fill, Laser Marking and Rubber Stamping
• We recommend handling with gloves in order to avoid staining or smudging the parts
• As media blasting is a manual process, results may vary in terms of uniformity, especially when anodizing will be applied to your media-blasted part
We believe the onboarding process should be as simple and hassle-free as possible.
Our team can process all of your paperwork to get the ball rolling in order to serve your custom manufacturing needs.